alive again

Finally, I can get online. It’s been rough two days, without internet and all. The entire country was offline. I am not sure what the status is right now, but my connection is really slow, which means cybernet is using its backup line. Which means the sub-marine line is not fixed yet. Let’s see how long it takes. We’ve been complaining about electricity and weather, they denied us the internet. How ironic is that.

8 Comments so far

  1. Ajenda (unregistered) on June 29th, 2005 @ 11:51 pm

    Lol ! They were like – well now every single Pakistani blog won’t be able to bitch about the heat and electricity :)


  2. Arsalaan Haleem (unregistered) on June 30th, 2005 @ 12:36 am

    Ironic it is – We have so much entangled ourselves onto the internet, that without it we are or seemed to be competely hopeless.

    This came into fore in the last two days. At my workplace, me and my collegues were only able to do only 20 percent of the normal work of the day as the other 80 % is fully depended on the Net.


  3. Shariq (unregistered) on June 30th, 2005 @ 3:51 pm

    Here is the PTCL’s take on what *actually* happened:

    http://www.boriat.com/story.php?src=./sections/news/20050628-03.xml


  4. sean bonner (unregistered) on July 1st, 2005 @ 1:37 am

    I think it’s pretty insane that this news isn’t everywhere by now. I actually had to go searching for any news about it since all the outlets here weren’t even mentioning it. I’m spreading the word and sending people here for news.


  5. abbas halai (unregistered) on July 1st, 2005 @ 1:43 am

    it’s been thoroughly covered with updates at http://tech.one.com.pk. check it out.


  6. Ben Harris (unregistered) on July 1st, 2005 @ 11:26 am

    I don’t think I’d survive a service interruption like that. We had something similar once with Telstra in Australia where one of their submarine cables was screwed because of (insert excuse). Then there was another time where some farmer in the country was digging and damaged some cable that also screwed everything up.

    Me, I don’t want to know the technical details – just connect me!


  7. suzanne (Philly metblog) (unregistered) on July 1st, 2005 @ 11:52 am

    Glad you guys are back up.


  8. Samar (unregistered) on July 3rd, 2005 @ 1:38 am

    I’m a home user and i just got access to internet today, the past week has been surprising to say the least. I thought I’d never survive but two days after going offline i was quite happy to find myself alive and not getting bored.

    But boy am i glad to be back online! Even with the crawling connection and refresh hits i have to make every 2 minutes.



Terms of use | Privacy Policy | Content: Creative Commons | Site and Design © 2009 | Metroblogging ® and Metblogs ® are registered trademarks of Bode Media, Inc.