15 x 4
Vintage Media bring to you the [ 15 X 4 ] event that will juxtapose the country’s top four photographers in one exhibition. The photographers are Amean J, Arif Mahmood, Izdeyar Setna and Tapu Javeri.
They will each photograph a list of 15 subjects which include the following:
1. Hameed Haroon (CEO of Dawn Group of Newspapers)
2. Ardesher Cowasgee (columnist)
3. Adeeb Rizvi (founder of SUIT: Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation)
4. Abdul Sattar Edhi
5. Abida Parveen (sufi music artiste)
6. Shahid Sajjad (artist)
7. Begum Nawazish (media celebrity)
8. Meera (actress)
9. Ali Azmat (ex-Junooni musician)
10. Arif Hassan (architect and planner, teacher, social researcher, and writer amongst other things)
11. Maheen Khan (fashion designer)
12. Hamida Khuhro (Minister for Education and Literacy)
13. Naheed Siddique (classical dancer)
14. Jehangir Khan (squash player)
15. Iraj Manzoor (super model)
The event is very exciting owing to the popularity of both the photographers and the subjects. On the day of the launch not only will the photographers be there explaining their take on the subjects, but the subjects will also be present for any queries or discussions that invitees at the launch may initiate. Out of the subjects Abida Parween, Meera and Naheed Siddiquie might not be present owing to the fact that they are not based in Karachi. The exhibition is expected to be attended by individuals from the corporate sector, more specifically from the banking industry, advertising agencies and multinationals, and individuals from the music, television and fashion industry.
The photographers have also done extensive work within and for the corporate industry itself.
A list of approximately 50 individuals from the press has also been drawn up and most of them have confirmed their participation in covering the event. From amongst those who have confirmed are the following publications: The Metropolitan (Dawn), Gallery (Dawn), Images (Dawn), The Herald, Aurora, Instep (The News), The Daily Times, The Nation, Social Pages, She, Good Times magazine amongst others.
At Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture from 6 pm to 8 pm on Friday, April 13 and from Saturday to Thursday it will be from 5 pm to 8 pm
And on, in the word’s of Madeeha Syed the organizer of the event, “anyone can walk in”.