Bomb Blasts – Update

Updated news report from Dawn on the bomb blasts:

Late-night blasts in Karachi

KARACHI, Sept 8: At least eleven people were injured late on Thursday night in two bomb explosions in two outlets of fast food chains, one in the Defence Housing Authority and the other in Clifton, police and witnesses said.

The first explosion took place in a fried chicken restaurant in Badar Commercial, DHA, around 12:30am. Four families were in the restaurant when the bomb exploded in the mezzanine floor. Mohammad Akhtar, who was leaving the restaurant with his wife and three children, said they had been shaken by the powerful blast. Three cars parked outside the restaurant were damaged. The restaurantís windowpanes were partially destroyed. At least seven people were injured in the blast.

The second explosion took place ten to 15 minutes later in a dustbin of another fast food restaurant in the Beach Avenue in Clifton. Four people were injured.

Read the other news report from Daily Times here.

6 Comments so far

  1. JonyBr (unregistered) on September 9th, 2005 @ 10:32 am

    And the same old bloody politics seems to be involved. Mr. Governer said opposition could be involved for the success of its strike while the opposition beleives Gov wants to make us look bad.

    Its always innocent public that seems to be effected, in most cases there are even casualties, jobs and buisness gets ruined and they can just point the fingers at each other. Sigh.


  2. zeeshan (unregistered) on September 9th, 2005 @ 10:53 am

    what the hack is that, why innocet people are target of these big buch of loserssss
    God knows when will karachi getrid off this
    sh**


  3. Zag (unregistered) on September 9th, 2005 @ 11:50 am

    Herez a suggestion…. catch the one who is responsible and punish him….. make an example so that others who wanna do it next time actually think twice about what’ll happen if they are caught, right now, all they think is who should i call to get me out if i m caught. When there were assasination attempts on Musharraf and the Corps Commander, not only were those responsible caught within days, but their cases are over and they have been given death penalty….. but when innocent citizens lives are lost….. no one cares!!!


  4. JonyBr (unregistered) on September 9th, 2005 @ 12:59 pm

    Zag someday, i will like to learn why the assasination attemps of Mr. President or any other big fig are loosly planned? or were they really, assasination attemps?


  5. ACE (unregistered) on September 9th, 2005 @ 10:09 pm

    To me it doesnt make any sense .. I mean what do these people think ….blowing public resturant such as McDonalds, KFC, is actually gonna effect the west ….. whereas I think ….the present govt. is actually tryin to overcast some kinda insecurity for locals…. merely because of shenanigans of some stupid person feeling uncertain… we know how these people run the government.


  6. mohummed (unregistered) on September 12th, 2005 @ 12:27 pm

    They r just anti President Musharraf people who want 2 show that there is insecurity in karchi , they should be killed in a shootout in first attempt. these public places should install metal detectors at hidden places.



Terms of use | Privacy Policy | Content: Creative Commons | Site and Design © 2009 | Metroblogging ® and Metblogs ® are registered trademarks of Bode Media, Inc.