Dental FAQ #2

TM-%232.gifThe age old saying “An apple a day keeps the dentist away” is still quite true, except for the fact that we have slowly moved away from coarse foods and have embraced the refined food age (read Junk food). Gone are the days on munching an apple straight and in come the days where we delicately chop the apple in to 4-5 little gentle squares for a more delicate-English-like serving of apple. The process of eating an apple allowed cleansing thoroughly around all teeth especially the area in between the teeth.

Why do I have to clean the area in between the teeth, doesn’t it clean with my brush?
Have you ever wondered a simple brush only reaches that the front and back surface of your tooth only hence actually touching only 70% of the tooth the remaining 30% is in between which the brush did not even touch. Here lies the fundamental problem of your frequent visits to the dentist, you might be brushing very well BUT your brush never touched the 30% and hence those humongous cavities

Want to stay away from us? Read on

Any other dental question or advice drop me an email
Doc%20Email.jpg

Do the simple math and clean the remaining 30% and hence account for the entire 100% cleaning and you then have a faint (*wicked smile*) chance to never visit the dentist ever again – Think its a Dream – Believe me its possible.

Do your part, by simply brushing twice a day and flossing at least once a day, purchase a dental floss from any departmental store or a pharmacy and follow this simple technique.

TM-flossing_technique.jpg

Once you get in the flow of using a dental floss it would not take more then a minute to do all your teeth. Get into the habit and say goodbye to dentists forever …….. Damn I’m going to go out of business in Karachi …….

7 Comments so far

  1. su (unregistered) on November 29th, 2005 @ 12:08 pm

    doctor you ARE the BEST!! are you single?! :-)thank you so very much for sharing this w/o the fee :-)


  2. umar (unregistered) on November 29th, 2005 @ 12:22 pm

    I have always been afraid of flossing. What if you slide the floss too deep and it cuts ur gums or something?


  3. su (unregistered) on November 29th, 2005 @ 1:33 pm

    i floss ocassionally and yes my gums are sensitive so it bleeds :( i never know what to do w that?!


  4. Teeth Maestro (unregistered) on November 29th, 2005 @ 1:47 pm

    Da Doc is back in da house :) – I honestly see this FAQ developing as an important public service by Karachi Metblog. Pakistan has enough problems itself that it can’t worry about simple medical/dental issues which can be prevented by good education. I also feel educating people does not mean you are cutting into your consulation fees as RIZK for every person is determined by Allah.

    Umar – Mind you that flossing should not be done in such a way that you force the thread into the gums and hence cause injury, the floss needs to glide into the open area between the tooth and gums, closely look at the 4th picture, it gently glides in and glides out.

    SU – let me answer your bleeding gum problem. Does it bleed when you floss (are u injuring your gums with the floss?) but if your gims bleed even normally when brushing, it actually means you are brushing less and should use more force and brush. Sensitivity has little to do with flossing its an independent issue all together – Ill address this in another edition of Dental FAQ soon

    Fireaway with the questions – METBLOG ROCKS


  5. TS (unregistered) on November 29th, 2005 @ 7:17 pm

    Teeth guy, this is great information, thanks. Can you tell us what kind of floss works best? The thin thread or the tape kind?
    Also, do you know about the miswaaks and the dandaasas in the old days ? What were they and how did they work so well?
    Your dental FAQs are an awesome idea.


  6. faisal (unregistered) on November 30th, 2005 @ 9:19 am

    dear doc, is’nt is actually supposed
    be “an apple a day keeps the doctor
    away”?


  7. Teeth Maestro (unregistered) on November 30th, 2005 @ 11:00 am

    Faisal – Good point heck for sometime I honestly thought the statment was for dentists ;) twisting the facts is human nature to suit ones circumstances ;)



Terms of use | Privacy Policy | Content: Creative Commons | Site and Design © 2009 | Metroblogging ® and Metblogs ® are registered trademarks of Bode Media, Inc.